domenica 25 maggio 2014

A gambler


"If at this point my son should interrupt me, and ask, 'What is the difference between the war correspondent and any other man in uniform?' I would say that the war correspondent gets more drinks, more girls, better pay, and greater freedom than the soldier, but at this stage of the game, having the freedom to choose his spot and being allowed to be a coward and not be executed for it is his torture. The war correspondent has his stake - his life - in his own hands, and he can put it on this horse or that horse, or he can put it back in his pocket at the very last minute. I am a gambler. I decided to go in with Company E in the first wave."

Slightly out of focus: Robert Capa died today, May 25 1954.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

condividi