domenica 28 aprile 2013

I have sprayed you into my eyes




Indochina, Capa jumps Jeep, two feet creep up the road 
To photo, to record meat lumps and war, 
They advance as does his chance – very yellow white flash. 
A violent wrench grips mass, rips light, tears limbs like rags, 
Burst so high finally Capa lands, 
Mine is a watery pit. Painless with immense distance 
From medic from colleague, friend, enemy, foe, 
him five yards from his leg,
 From you Taro. 
Do not spray into eyes – I have sprayed you into my eyes. 

3:10 pm, Capa pends death, quivers, last rattles, last chokes 
All colours and cares glaze to grey, shrivelled and stricken to dots, 
Left hand grasps what the body grasps not – le photographe est mort. 
3.1415, alive no longer my amour, faded for home May of ‘54 
Doors open like arms my love, Painless with a great closeness 
To Capa, to Capa Capa dark after nothing, 
re-united with his leg and with you, Taro. 
Do not spray into eyes – I have sprayed you into my eyes. 
Hey Taro!

Taro
Alt-J (∆) 



Tom Hiddleston and Hayley Atwell are going to play Robert Capa and Gerda Taro and it just seems so right to me. I'm preparing myself for a beautiful movie, and a lot of tears of course.

2 commenti:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

condividi