sabato 11 settembre 2010

I cannot live without my soul...

"'And I pray one prayer--I repeat it till my tongue stiffens--Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you--haunt me, then! The murdered DO haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts HAVE wandered on earth. Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only DO not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I CANNOT live without my life! I CANNOT live without my soul!'"

3 commenti:

  1. Meraviglioso testo, meravigliosa opera della Bronte (perdonami l'umlaut, non so come farlo in risposta ai post). Non ho mai visto il film, ma non vedo l'ora!

    RispondiElimina
  2. ci sono tantissime versioni quella di cui ho postato le foto è del 2009...non è proprio fedelissima al romanzo ma Tom Hardy come Heathcliff è gigantesco!

    RispondiElimina
  3. AMO questo blog (appena scoperto tramite Vorrei essere un personaggio austeniano)
    Me lo divorero' nel weekend!

    Ophelinha

    ophelinhapequena.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

condividi